Monday, February 23, 2009

Importance of little things in my life

Every day, there are things in my life that I dismiss as luck or chance or simply take for granted. Certainly there are times when events throw me completely off balance or make me feel afraid. But I think that most of the time I am so involved with my daily routine, whether it be with work, responsibilities, friends and family, that I forget to notice the things around me that make my life better. According to me the truth is that, no matter what is going on in my life, there are no ordinary moments, no minutes or seconds that are meaningless. And most of all, I will never get back those moments that pass without recognition.

Thats why it makes sense to look for the daily gifts .I still remeber today in the morning I awoke to hear birdsong outside my window and then got up and had enjoyable moments while mom and dad were talking abt my childhood habits ...laughed a lot at tht moment. Later during the day enjoyed music on the whole way frm my home to office...then I came upon one cute cat taking advantage of a golden patch of sun glowing across my office stairs. I enjoyed some playful moments with tht kitty, then I was serious about my work..enjoyed wid colleagues... all the while feeling grateful for the little things, the many small pleasant gifts in my life, like funny moments, a happy cat, music and singing birds.

At first glance these things may seem rather unimportant, but when I think about what life might be like without them, I appreciate them all the more, and the bigger and more wonderful they seem to be. And if I think about it, I may agree that the little things are what either drive me crazy or make me happy. So, the little things in life really are important, even if they may not seem to be at the time.

For me, the best thing about recognizing such moments is that when I pay attention and open myself up to them, I notice them all the more and feel like I may even attract more of them my way. The end result is that I am happier and more content with my life and consider each day different in its own way. I am feeling like little miracles happen every day. Flowers bloom, babies are born and we get to be a living. Life is really wonderful.

Keep Smiling
Hemali

2 comments:

Dinesh Kumar Anand said...

no new post since Feb? y?? ideas khatam ho gaye???

Hemali said...

have bunch of ideas....will share that soon...these days concentrating on one specific GOAL :)